Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Excitement Builds!

We have done everything we can short of rearranging the furniture in the room, hoping to pass the time 'til we get Liam. Today is the day they call "Gotcha Day", where we go to a neutral place (I can't remember where but it is about 15 minutes from our hotel) and we meet with his Auntie and other orphanage officials. We have his little backpack all packed with treats such as little lollipops, a couple Matchbox cars, a pair of sunglasses, his hat, a book and a stuffed doggy. We also have his mink blanket for him to snuggle with. We will go armed with paperwork, cameras, gifts, kleenex, and bursting hearts!!!

Last night, all three of us dreamed about him. It was funny to hear how he differed in each of our minds. I just know one glance will erase any preconceived ideas and we will know he is just as perfect as can be...and we can't imagine anything but!

The hotel is filled with lots of parents who have adopted from here. We can hear the crying babies and see the proud parents walking with their babies in carriers. The babies all look so sweet and happy~it is a beautiful thing to witness. Andrew's "new" name will be GeGe, which means "big brother" (guess what, Patrick? That's your new name, too!) and Mac's new name will be GeeGee (older sister.) I don't know how long those names will stick...knowing he's a Thompson and the Thompson kiddos have about a hundred names of endearment, I'm sure he'll come up with a few more and we'll have new "names" for Liam as his personality comes out.

It is really humid and warm here. Today the high is supposed to be 35C (about 95F) with nothing but humidity out there. It looks like you could cut it with a knife...It makes running a bit tough and harder for our clothes to dry out, but it makes the A/C in the hotel feel like we are in heaven! My hair is crazy with curls~an oddity here in China.

Speaking of which, we have just twenty minutes until we meet our guide and fifty until we meet him! I'll write again later tonight and attach some pictures. I must go do something with my curls so I don't scare him! =) MCT

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I am so excited for the whole Thompson Clan.
Liam is one lucky little guy. I pray that your meeting with Liam goes smoothly, even though I know it will.
God Speed in bring back the newest member of your family.
Love to all of you.

Cathy said...

I am so excited for the whole Thompson Clan.
Liam is one lucky little guy. I pray that your meeting with Liam goes smoothly, even though I know it will.
God Speed in bring back the newest member of your family.
Love to all of you.