Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Nesting

I guess you would call it nesting, as we are at the end of our "nine months", preparing for Liam's arrival. I have been sleeping less, and somehow, needing less. It seems I get up really early and just find wonderful things to do to prepare. Instead of boring you with the details, I'll share our itinerary...maybe my mind is jumping ahead to that time change?

Sept. 9 (Happy Anniversary!)
Sept. 10 Arrive in Hong Kong.
Sept. 11 Fly to Guangzhou, the capital of Liam's province, where we'll stay the full time.
Sept. 12 WE GET LIAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sept. 13 Go to Civil Affairs and register
Sept. 14 Apply for his passport
Sept. 15 Rest (so it says on our itinerary!)
Sept. 16 Half day tour to Six Banyan Temple
Sept. 17 Free
Sept. 18 Free
Sept. 19 Free
Sept. 20 Take passport in the afternoon
Sept. 21 Medical evaluation and visa photo
Sept. 22 Rest
Sept. 23 group tour to Wild Animal Zoo
Sept. 24 Free
Sept. 25 Consulate Appt.
Sept. 26 Pick up visa in afternoon
Sept. 27 Leave Guangzhou for HK, then USA!!!

Doesn't sound like too taxing of a schedule...I cannot imagine that many "Free/Rest" days! You know us, we'll be busy playing and swimming and not to mention a little shopping. By regulation, we have to stay in Liam's province for a minimum of 2 weeks before the consulate appointment and two days afterward. I'm sure there is a lot to do~and there will be other children being adopted at our hotel, so never a dull moment, guaranteed.

Time for more coffee before the next laundry load and I finish the curtains...

1 comment:

fr. david tokarz said...

Mari, Wade and ALL--
You are in my prayers for this wonderful journey! I know a young couple in Atlanta (I taught him in HS in Montgomery) who has adopted 2 children from China, and they are thrilled (I baptized the older one, Maria, when they brought her back). You may now be "nesting"--I reckon you'll never be "empty nesters" though!
Love to you--

Fr. David